Inhalt und Ablauf
“A picture is worth a thousand words.”.
In this one-day Kickstarter Workshop, we provide a comprehensive overview of visualization in Data Science. We will discuss the methods used in visual design and consider the essential aspects of agile dashboard creation. Using best practices and established industry standards (such as Hichert’s IBCS and Success Rules), participants will learn how to quickly create a professional dashboard. With the help of numerous hands-on exercises and practical examples, the information is effectively internalized and made tangible for everyone. Afterwards we develop the visual representations in the Practice Sesssion and discuss them together.
The focus of the workshop is on creating approaches, challenges and technologies for reception-oriented visualizations.
Fancy the DataViz adventure in the Data world? Secure your place in the workshop today.
- Referent: Elena Danchyshyna
- Language: English
- March 19th 2019
- 10:00 – 17:15
- Sofitel Hotel Munich Bayerpost, Bayerstraße 12, 80335 München
Insight into the process steps from dashboard conception
Understand the importance of visual perception for dashboard design and better comprehend how information is consolidated, displayed and mapped
Learn how to quickly and professionally create a user-friendly dashboard in an agile environment
has been working for Alexander Thamm GmbH for 6 years. After completing her LMU studies in business administration (B.Sc.), she worked as a data scientist with a focus on visualization, managing and driving numerous data science projects for various industries, in particular the automotive industry. Since 2017 she has been developing applications, dashboards, reporting and visualization concepts as an expert in the field of visualization and user experience design and supports cross-team implementation and evaluation. She focuses on the conception and development of innovative visual solutions and is a member of the IBCS (International Business Communication Standards) association.
- 09:00 – 09:30 | Lets get to know each other
- 09:30 – 11:00 | Dashboarding Process: 4 steps to dashboard from sketch to prototype with hands-on practice
- 11:00 – 12:30 | Part 1: Key Factors for Dashboard Designing with referencce to IBCS and Hichert Success rules (User, Data, Structure, Visualization)
- 12:30 – 13.30 | Lunch
- 13:30 – 15:00 | Part 2: Key Factors for Dashboard Designing with referencce to IBCS and Hichert Success rules (Context, Message, Consistency, Information hierarchy., Data-Ink Ratio, Stoyrtelling)
- 15:00 – 17:00 | Practice Part: get your hands dirty and built your own dashboard
No previous knowledge is required for the workshop. Participants should bring a laptop for practical exercises and will receive further information before the workshop.