Dr. Holger Kömm is a DATA festival committee member from day one. As Senior Director Advanced Analytics he has held important roles in data, analytics & AI at adidas over the last years. Since 2022 he works as Expert Associate Partner at Bain & Company.
In the following video-inteview with DATA festival founder Carsten he gives interesting insights on his work at adidas and their Data & Analytics Strategy 2025. He also explains how he defines to measure the P&L impact of AI products. How important it is to have trust in the team that develops the product and the perception of their works value.
Watch the interview here:
Overview of the questions Carsten asks Holger:
- Why do you think that learning from and networking with each other is so important in our industry?
- What is your role at adidas? What are your challenges there?
- How can you measure the P&L impact of AI products? Can you attribute / claim it to yourself?
- Can you also measure it when it´s part of a bigger improvement or a bigger change?
- In the retrospective, would your carreer, your way, be a recommendation for junior data scientists?
- What technology or use case did fascinate you over the last years?
In September 2021 we streamed the DATA festival #online from our studio in Würzburg, supported by our committee members. We took the chance to have a personal talk with each one of them on actual Data, Analytics & AI topics and their actual challenges according to these. You will find all interviews here in our blog. Stay tuned.