43% of customers consider proactive services as having a large added value, the highest percentage in a list of 10 connected car functions & services (source: NTT February 2020). Volkswagen Group is bringing in the first proactive services for the MEB (electric) platform with the ME3 release in February of 2022. The presentation will talk about the challenges building a tech stack to support this process, the legal hurdles faced with GDPR & TTDSG, the data pipelines that had to be build & how the data science model was optimized over numerous iterations. The audience will get an insight look into the rollercoaster journey of bringing a predictive service live inside a very complex machine.
Jakub Kovacik, Solution Management X5-3, Business Owner Data & Analytics | CARIAD
• International manager, 15+ years of experience on 4 continents (Western & Central Europe, Canada & China)
• Responsible for Analytics, AI & Data Management for Volkswagen Brand (CARIAD)
• Set-up the Identity & Access management solution for all brands, the Cloud Analytical Platform on AWS/Azure, predictive vehicle functions
• Infused AI into our digital services, customer touchpoints, vehicles, front-ends
• Deep understanding of China through a 3-year expatriate assignment at SAIC Volkswagen in CRM & Regional Marketing; before that acted as Global Head of CRM for ŠKODA Auto HQ
• Before joining Volkswagen Group, led digitalization efforts as Innovation & Development Director of Edenred (formerly Accor Services), worked in Strategic Planning for HSBC Premier Banking, spent 3 years as a Management Consultant for Accenture and was responsible for Sales Finance for Nestlé in Canada
Sören Salzwedel, Data Product Owner | CARIAD
Sören Salzwedel is an experienced Consultant and Data Product Owner. Currently, he manages projects within the vehicle and customer analytics domain at CARIAD. His main focus is on driving the development of pro-active and predictive customer services for Volkswagen’s MEB platform. Together with his team he is delivering data driven use cases for multiple brands within VW group from prototypes to scalable solutions that are continuously optimized in production.