Counting more than 13.000 employees worldwide, Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance based risk transfer. Matthias Fischer works as Product Area Lead Data Foundation at Swiss Re.
“Data Democratization through contextual data discovery” was the title of the presentation he gave with his colleague Christian Pich live at DATA festival in Munich in May 2022.
In this speech they shared deeper insights on their Data Democratization Project and how they are aiming to enable everyone at Swiss Re to engage with the entire data landscape as a managed self-service. Including the ambition to cover all relevant content, reach all data experts and eventually the entire Swiss Re community. Judith met Matthias for an interview at the DATA festival.
Watch the interview here:
Overview of the questions Judith asks Matthias:
- What is your impression so far of the DATA festival, how do you like it?
- The title of your presentation is “Data Democratization through contextual data discovery”.
Can you please tell us someting about it? Why did you decide to talk about this topic?
- How are you organized in this and how far are you with this organization?
- So that’s a part of your work at Swiss Re? What else?
- Data Culture is also an important topic at Swiss Re, which is besides your more technical part more an organisational one. Can you tell a little about this?